Service With Honor
“The mission of the Lewistown Police Department is to provide needed services to the community, businesses, visitors and other agencies to reduce crime, solve problems, preserve life and property, maintain human rights and enhance the quality of life in the Lewistown Borough.”
Join your neighborhood Community Block Watch group…. For more information, contact the LPD office # 717-248-6716.
Borough of Lewistown
2 East Third Street
Lewistown PA 17044
PH # 717-248-1361
Code Enforcement Officer
PH # 717-242-1145
PH # 717-248-1331
PH # 717-248-3498
Lewistown Police Department Internship Program 2019.
We are looking to fill two part-time intern positions for the period of late May to mid-August. This is a minimum wage paid position requiring 20 to 30 hours per week. The application can be found under our employment tab on this website or picked up at our station. All applications must be submitted to us on or before April 30, 2019.
- All post-secondary education majors are welcome to apply. We would like to keep it open to anyone with an interest in a law enforcement/criminal justice career.
- There is no experience or GPA requirement.
- A driver’s license is not required; however, you will need to have transportation to and from the workplace.
- Applicants must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Applicants are required to submit a resume’ along with the application.
- Applicants must be willing to submit to a background investigation to include employment history, personal references, criminal history, etc….
We have had a lot of fun with these positions in the past and hope to have an exciting and educational experience for our 2019 interns!
POLICE OFFICER CIVIL SERVICE TESTING – APRIL 6, 2019
Those interested in becoming a member of our police department should submit a Preliminary Application to; The Lewistown Police Department, 21 South Brown St., Suite 1A, Lewistown, PA 17044. The application and more detailed information, including new starting salary and benefits, can be found online at www.lewistownpolice.org under our employment tab. An application may also be picked up at the station or emailed to you upon request. Applications must be submitted on or before March 29, 2019.
Prerequisites for applying for the position of police officer are as follows:
- Must be 21 years of age and a citizen of the United States
- Possess a valid PA Driver License upon being hired
- Possess a High School diploma or GED equivalent
- College education preferred but not necessary
- MPOETC ACT 120 certified or enrolled in a MPOETC approved Act 120 program
A written civil service exam will be conducted on April 6, 2019, at 0800 hours at the Mifflin County High School followed by the physical agility test for those who successfully complete the written exam.
Call (717) 248-6716 for more information or email email@example.com
We will be there to shake your hand, listen to your concerns, and answer any questions that you may have. We would love to see you there !