Service With Honor
The mission of the Lewistown Police Department is to reduce crime and its effects, provide efficient services and safeguard the general welfare of the Citizens of Lewistown. Lewistown Police shall maintain a joint partnership with the citizens of the community and are proud to be “Serving our community with pride.”
Join your neighborhood Community Block Watch group…. For more information, contact the LPD office # 717-248-6716.
Borough of Lewistown
2 East Third Street
Lewistown PA 17044
PH # 717-248-1361
Code Enforcement Officer
PH # 717-242-1145
PH # 717-248-1331
PH # 717-248-3498
We are now accepting applications for spring/summer internships with the Lewistown Police Department.
If interested, please go to the employment tab on our website www.lewistownpolice.org to find the intern application or you can come to the station to pick one up. Please submit the application along with your resume by hand delivering to the station, by mail, or by the provided email addresses that are available on the employment page. The deadline for applications is April 15, 2023.
All majors are welcome to apply.
- A driver’s license is not required as interns will not be operating department vehicles. They will need to have transportation to and from the workplace.
- There is no experience or GPA requirement.
- Applicants must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Applicants are required to submit a resume’ along with the application.
- Applicants must be willing to submit to a background investigation to include employment history, personal references, criminal history, etc….
We look forward to talking to you and helping you further your career!