Service With Honor
“The mission of the Lewistown Police Department is to provide needed services to the community, businesses, visitors and other agencies to reduce crime, solve problems, preserve life and property, maintain human rights and enhance the quality of life in the Lewistown Borough.”
Join your neighborhood Community Block Watch group…. For more information, contact the LPD office # 717-248-6716.
Borough of Lewistown
2 East Third Street
Lewistown PA 17044
PH # 717-248-1361
Code Enforcement Officer
PH # 717-242-1145
PH # 717-248-1331
PH # 717-248-3498
New School Resourse Officer Mary Woods!
School bells will be ringing tomorrow morning to start the new school year. Along with the start of the new school year will be bringing a new School Resource Officer to the Mifflin County School District for the Middle and Intermediate schools. We are very pleased to introduce SRO Mary Woods! She is very excited to meet and say “Hi!” to everybody. Please feel free to stop by her office anytime, whether it’s to discuss any issues that you may have or to just chat!
2019 National Night Out is set for Tuesday, August 6! Come on out to Rec Park with us to enjoy a fun filled evening starting at 5 pm. There will be food, games, music, free giveaways and all kinds of exciting activities! Come and shake hands and talk to your local police officers, EMS and fire responders and many other local organizations! We can’t wait to see you there!
Lewistown Police Department Internship Program 2019.
We are looking to fill two part-time intern positions for the period of late May to mid-August. This is a minimum wage paid position requiring 20 to 30 hours per week. The application can be found under our employment tab on this website or picked up at our station. All applications must be submitted to us on or before April 30, 2019.
- All post-secondary education majors are welcome to apply. We would like to keep it open to anyone with an interest in a law enforcement/criminal justice career.
- There is no experience or GPA requirement.
- A driver’s license is not required; however, you will need to have transportation to and from the workplace.
- Applicants must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Applicants are required to submit a resume’ along with the application.
- Applicants must be willing to submit to a background investigation to include employment history, personal references, criminal history, etc….
We have had a lot of fun with these positions in the past and hope to have an exciting and educational experience for our 2019 interns!